Fire razes Students’ Lodge at Federal Polytechnic’s community in Bauchi

Fire outbreak has engulfed a students’ lodge on Sunday afternoon at Gwallameji community of the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, destroying valuables.

Two journalists who are also residents in the house were reportedly affected.

David Adenuga, a journalists who was also affected by the incident said, ”it was like a dream, I couldn’t believe that everything in my room has gone, I lost all my belongings to the fire.

”There was no light that time, we still don’t know the source of the fire. “The fire affected nine rooms. “It took the efforts of the fire service to put out the fire that already  escalated to other blocks,” he said.

Reports say some of the students lodging in the house were seen crying, having lost their certificates and other valuables to the fire.

”I don’t know where to start, what to do, I don’t have anywhere to go. I’m only left with the cloth on me,” one of the victim was quoted as saying.

A journalist, Saheed Ola, who was also affected said that his gadgets and other valuables got burnt.

”I thank God for my life that it didn’t happen at night. It happened like a joke, many things have gone which I can’t settle to mention right now,” he said.

When contacted, the Public Relations officer of the Polytechnic, Rabiu Wada said he was yet to get full details on what happened regarding the fire incident. “I will get back to you as soon as I get details about the incident”, he said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Read

Latest stories