Nine-year-old Mardiyya fell into a hot pan used to fry Awara (bean curds) as she was passing by the site in Kaduna State.
The incident which occurred last Thursday, burnt the girl’s face, chest and some other parts of her body.
Thanks to Jamar Health Foundation, a Kaduna-based not-for-profit organistaion that raised funds for the treatment of the minor.
In a fundraising campaign posted on Twitter on September 23, the foundation stated, “the family cannot afford to take her to a hospital or even take care of her. Please we need your help once more to save this child.”
A day after, the foundation tweeted that Mardiyya has been admitted into an undisclosed hospital. This was after N150,000 was raised through its campaign.
Dr Maryam Jalo, the head of the foundation told WikkiTimes that the foundation would do its best to support Mardiyya and her family.
“I was contacted directly about the incident,” she said. “We were able to crowdfund for her medical needs and Alhamdulillah she is now on admission and doing so much better.”
“We will keep providing sufficient feeding support and basic needs for her until she is discharged Insha Allah,” she added.
Mardiyya’s family could not be reached. According to the foundation, the family did not grant an interview session over the incident.