The abductors of the commissioner of information, tourism and culture in Benue State Hon Mathew Abo, have demanded N60 million ransom for his release, a family source indicated on Friday.
WikkiTimes reported that on Sunday last week, some unknown gunmen invaded Ukum Local area of the state on motorcycles and abducted the Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Matthew Abo, on Sunday in his hometown of Zaki Biam.
However, the military under the auspices of Operation Whirl Stroke says it has joined forces with other security agencies in the state to secure the release of the abducted commissioner.
“Officers and men of OPWS and other security agencies have been charged to work assiduously towards ensuring that they rescue the kidnapped commissioner from the hands of his abductors,” the military source who spoke on the condition of anonymity disclosed to newsmen on Saturday.
“Heads of other security agencies in concert with the Force Commander, OPWS, Major General Sunday Igbinowanhia have vowed that they would not rest on their oars until the commissioner regains his freedom,” he added but declined to comment on ransom payment.
Catherine Anene, the spokesperson of the police in the state said “It is a joint operation in search of the abducted commissioner which involved the military, we are all together,” she said.