Reelection-Seeking Bauchi Gov Feels 2 Terms Not Enough

Bala Mohammed, Bauchi State Governor who seeking re-election under People Democratic Party (PDP) said two-term parallel administration might not be enough to govern the state.

The governor stated this during a campaign tour he led to the District Head of Bauchi, Alhaji Nura Adamu Jumba. He made the statement in recognition of the infrastructural stride in the state. Bala said the projects carried out during his ongoing one-year term are for overall socioeconomic growth and development, not political reasons. However, Bala would be going to the poll with two major opponents — Air Vice Marsha Baba Sadique and Haliru Jija — in the All Progressives Congress (APC) and New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) on March 11.

Presidential Election Likely to Be Rigged in Bauchi, Other 21 States

Governor Bala claimed he fulfilled over 80 per cent of the promises he made to the people of Bauchi while campaigning in 2019, adding that the remaining 20 per cent will be completed before the end of his first tenure of office on May 29 this year.

“In my first term, I worked as if am not coming back again. I still feel that two term may not be enough. I already came to the government with something in mind; I have done my baseline study of the state, and I know where we are and where we want to go. I have added some projects and programmes. I did not waste time opening the cardboard to see what my predecessor has done.

“Comfort is not comfortable until the election is done. But what we have done is open the political space as per the provisions of the electoral act. We went around to see the stakeholders, the party leaders and traditional rulers. We visited the traditional rulers not because we are governors or we have authority over them but to let them know that these are our visions,” he said.

Former Bauchi’s Wikki Tourist Coach, Dogo Now Heading Kwara United

The governor noted that while he is not carried away by the kind of projects he delivered to the citizens, he did not underestimate his major contenders in APC and NNPP. He, however, maintained that having individuals wishing to become governors as well, captures the beauty of democracy.

“We have preached to our supporters not to be unholy and not to take laws into their hands to make that there is order and to respect other competitors, especially in APC and NNPP because they are the major gladiators in the field,” Bala said.

- Advertisements -
NNPC Mega Filling Station


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest stories

Most Read

Signup To WikkiTimes Newsletter